Canine Massage for Agility and Sport - 24th Feb
Time & Location
About The Event
WHO IS THE WORKSHOP SUITABLE FOR?
- Pet Dogs
- Dogs with Arthritis/Hip Dysplasia
- Active younger dogs
- Senior or ageing dogs
- Dogs who are slowing down
- Agility or Sporting/Working Dogs
- Dogs who have stopped doing things they once did ( get on/off sofa, in/out of car)
- Owners looking to help support their dogs canine physiotherapy needs
- Owners who are looking to enable a better quality of life
- People interested in natural or complimentary healthcare
- Professionals for Continuing Professional Development (please note that the workshop does not allow you to practice with the public’s dogs. This is a self-interest workshop only
- Dog Trainers
- People considering applying for the Clinical Canine Massage Practitioner Programme with the Canine Massage Centre
- Dog lovers and those passionate about the health and longevity of our dogs
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The science behind how and why massage works as well as the positive physiological (body) and psychological (mind) effects it has on a dog
Tutorial 1 – Canine Anatomy Fundamentals
- How To Locate Bony Landmarks and Why Its Important Before Starting Any Massage Routine
- How To Locate Your Dogs Main Muscle Groups – You’ll be working with your own dog to do this!
- How To Spot Subtle Signs of Muscular Injury In Your Dog
Tutorial 2 - Swedish Massage Practice
- Learn a Massive 9 Techniques from the Discipline of Swedish Massage for your dog
- Learn & Practice Passive Range Of Movement Safely and in Alignment – a strong yet gentle technique to improve mobility in your dogs joints and muscles
As a matter of Best Practice we ensure that each and every dog attending one of our workshops has a full body palpation. This is a muscular health check for your dog that can flag up areas of muscular issue and pain, or joint concerns, which may mean a certain type of technique or passive range of motion may not be suitable for them. This way we can ensure that each dog is given the appropriate massage techniques for that individual. The Muscular Health Check is offered to your dog as a free service and does not incur any extra charges.
Tutorial 3 - Guided Routine and time for Self-guided practice.
The teacher will be demonstrating, and then guiding you as you apply the knowledge from the day to give your dog a Full Body 40 Swedish Massage Routine. There is also time allocated for self-Guided Practice where Darren will answer any of your questions to ensure you are competent and confident in your techniques and practise
- Workshop Participant£90£900£0
- Sold OutPresenters Ticket (do not use)£0£00£0